Lugo (lōˈgō) [key], city (1990 pop. 81,493), capital of Lugo prov., NW Spain, in Galicia, on the Miño River. The city is the processing and trade center for a fertile agricultural area. It has well-preserved Roman walls (3d cent. B.C.), a 12th-century cathedral (restored), and a baroque city hall (1738).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Lugo from Infoplease:
- Lugo: meaning and definitions - Lugo: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/lugo - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Ron de LUGO - Ron de LUGO (1930-Â ) de LUGO, Ron, the first Delegate from the Territory of the Virgin ...
- Members of Congress: Virgin Islands - Biographies of United States representatives from Virgin Islands
- Paraguay - Information on Paraguay — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.