Longueuil, city (1991 pop. 129,874), S Que., Canada, on the St. Lawrence River opposite Montreal. It is a residential and industrial suburb of Montreal. It annexed Montreal South in 1961, and merged with the city of Jacques-Cartier in 1969.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Longueuil from Infoplease:
- Longueuil, Charles le Moyne, sieur de - Longueuil, Charles le Moyne, sieur de Longueuil, Charles le Moyne, sieur de , 1626–85, French ...
- Longueuil: meaning and definitions - Longueuil: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/longueuil - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Le Moyne - Le Moyne Le Moyne , Canadian family. It was founded by Charles le Moyne, sieur de Longueuil, whose ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index Liu Pang Liu Shaoqi Liuzhou livable live liveable live-action livebearer lived ...