Loiret (lwärāˈ) [key], department (1990 pop. 580,612), N central France, partly in Orléanais. Orléans is the capital.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Loiret from Infoplease:
- Loiret: meaning and definitions - Loiret: Definition and Pronunciation
- Orléans: meaning and definitions - Orléans: Definition and Pronunciation
- Patay - Patay Patay , village (1990 pop. 1,953), Loiret dept., N central France. At Patay, in 1429, Joan of ...
- Montargis - Montargis Montargis , town (1990 pop. 16,570), Loiret dept., N central France, in Orléanais, ...
- Beauce - Beauce Beauce , region, in Orléanais, N France, in the Paris Basin, between the Seine and ...