Loir (lwär) [key], river, 193 mi (310 km) long, rising S of Chartres, N central France, and flowing generally SW through a fertile agricultural region to join the Sarthe River N of Angers.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Loir from Infoplease:
- Loire, river, France - Loire Loire, longest river of France, c.630 mi (1,010 km) long, rising in the Cévennes Mts., ...
- Loire-Atlantique - Loire-Atlantique Loire-Atlantique , formerly Loire-Maritime,department (1990 pop. 1,058,100), NW ...
- Loire-Atlantique: meaning and definitions - Loire-Atlantique: Definition and Pronunciation
- Haute-Loire: meaning and definitions - Haute-Loire: Definition and Pronunciation
- Loire: meaning and definitions - Loire: Definition and Pronunciation