Loir-et-Cher (lwär-ā-shĕr) [key], department (1990 pop. 307,100), N central France, in Orléanais. Blois is the capital.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Loir-et-Cher from Infoplease:
- Loir-et-Cher: meaning and definitions - Loir-et-Cher: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/loir-et-cher - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Blois: meaning and definitions - Blois: Definition and Pronunciation
- Beauce - Beauce Beauce , region, in Orléanais, N France, in the Paris Basin, between the Seine and ...
- Chambord - Chambord Chambord, château, park, and village (1993 est. pop. 200), all owned by the state, ...