Lindsay, town (1991 pop. 16,696), SE Ont., Canada, on the Scugog River, NE of Toronto. It is an industrial town, with woolen, flour, and lumber mills, in an agricultural and scenic lake district.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Lindsay from Infoplease:
- Lindsay: meaning and definitions - Lindsay: Definition and Pronunciation
- Norman Lindsay - Lindsay, Norman Lindsay, Norman, 1879–1969, Australian cartoonist. Born into an eminent ...
- Adam Lindsay Gordon - Gordon, Adam Lindsay Gordon, Adam Lindsay, 1833–70, Australian poet, b. the Azores. In 1853 ...
- Vachel Lindsay - Lindsay, Vachel Lindsay, Vachel (Nicholas Vachel Lindsay), 1879–1931, American poet, b. ...
- Lindsay, Vachel - Born in Springfield, Ill., Nov. 10, 1879. Educated at Hiram College, Ohio. His first intention was to enter the field of art and he became a student a