Lindesnes (lĭnˈdəsnĕs) [key] or the Naze nāz, cape, in Vest-Agder co., southernmost point of the Norwegian mainland, projecting into the North Sea at the entrance to the Skagerrak. Norway's first lighthouse (1655) is there.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Lindesnes from Infoplease:
- Lindesnes: meaning and definitions - Lindesnes: Definition and Pronunciation
- Naze: meaning and definitions - Naze: Definition and Pronunciation
- Vest-Agder - Vest-Agder Vest-Agder , county (1995 pop. 149,563), 2,810 sq mi (7,278 sq km), S Norway, bordering ...
- the Naze - Naze, the Naze, the, cape: see Lindesnes, Norway.
- Encyclopedia: Scandinavian Physical Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Scandinavian Physical Geography.