Liffey (lĭfˈē) [key], river, c.50 mi (80 km) long, rising in the Wicklow Mts., E Republic of Ireland, and flowing W, NE, and then E through Dublin to Dublin Bay. There are three electric power stations on the river.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Liffey from Infoplease:
- Liffey: meaning and definitions - Liffey: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/liffey - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Kildare - Kildare Kildare, county (1991 pop. 122,656), 654 sq mi (1,694 sq km), E central Republic of ...
- Dublin, city, Republic of Ireland - Dublin Dublin, Irish Baile Átha Cliath, county borough (1991 pop. 915,516), Leinster, ...
- Dublin, county, Republic of Ireland - Dublin Dublin, county (1991 pop. 1,025,304, including the city of Dublin), 327 sq mi (847 sq km), E ...