Leverkusen (lāˌfərkōˈzən) [key], city (1994 pop. 161,760), North Rhine–Westphalia, W Germany, on the Rhine River. It is an industrial center and a road and rail junction. Manufactures include chemicals, pharmaceuticals, photographic film, machinery, and textiles. There is a noted chemical-research library in the city.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Leverkusen from Infoplease:
- Leverkusen: meaning and definitions - Leverkusen: Definition and Pronunciation
- Semifinals - Semifinals Two legs, total goals; home team listed first. Real Madrid vs. Barcelona Apr. 23 ...
- Quarterfinals - Quarterfinals Two legs, total goals; home team listed first. Real Madrid vs. Bayern Munich Apr. 2 ...
- Quarterfinals - Quarterfinals Two legs, total goals; home team listed first. Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich ...
- Landon Donovan - Biography of Landon Donovan, Star forward for the Los Angeles Galaxy