Lempa (lāmˈpä) [key], river, c.200 mi (320 km) long, rising in Guatemala and flowing S through Honduras into El Salvador, then generally S to the Pacific Ocean. An important stream, it waters the fertile Lempa valley, largely within El Salvador, which supports a dense agricultural population.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Lempa from Infoplease:
- Lempa: meaning and definitions - Lempa: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/lempa - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- El Salvador: Land and People - Land and People Two volcanic ranges, running roughly west to east, segment the country, but in ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index left Left Bank left brain left-branching left-eyed flounder left field left ...
- El Salvador - Information on El Salvador — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.