Leduc (lədōkˈ) [key], town (1991 pop. 13,970), central Alta., Canada, S of Edmonton. It is the center of the Leduc oil field (discovered 1947), which is now mostly depleted. The town is an oil storage and pumping station and also serves as an agricultural distribution center.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Leduc from Infoplease:
- Jean-Pierre Leduc - Jean-Pierre Leduc Age: 45 a French cyclist competing in the Dakar-Agades-Dakar rally; the rally ...
- Frida, naturaleza viva - Starring Ofelia Medina, Juan José Gurrola, Max Kerlow, Salvador Sánchez, Valentina Leduc Navarro
- Frida (1984) - Starring Ofelia Medina, Juan José Gurrola, Max Kerlow, Claudio Brook, Salvador Sánchez
- Edmonton - Edmonton Edmonton , city (1991 pop. 616,741), provincial capital, central Alta., Canada, on the ...
- Alberta: History and Politics - History and Politics Alberta was originally part of the vast territory granted to the Hudson's ...