Lashio (lăshˈyō, ləshyōˈ) [key], town, Shan state, E central Myanmar. It is a trade center and the terminus of the railroad line from Mandalay. Lashio was famous in World War II as the starting point of the Burma Road.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Lashio from Infoplease:
- Lashio: meaning and definitions - Lashio: Definition and Pronunciation
- Burma Road: meaning and definitions - Burma Road: Definition and Pronunciation
- Burma Road - Burma Road Burma Road, in China and Myanmar, extending from the railhead of Lashio, Myanmar, to ...
- Mandalay - Mandalay Mandalay , city (1983 pop. 532,895), capital of Mandalay div., central Myanmar, on the ...
- Shan State - Shan State Shan State , state (1983 pop. 3,718,706), c.60,000 sq mi (155,400 sq km), E central ...