Kotka (kōtˈkä) [key], city (1998 pop. 55,551), Southern Finland prov., SE Finland, on the Gulf of Finland. It is a major export center for paper, pulp, and timber, and it has chemical industries. It was chartered in 1878.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Kotka from Infoplease:
- Disco and Atomic War (Disko ja tuumasoda) - Starring Gerda Viira, Oskar Vuks, Toomas Pool, Jaan-Joosep Puusaag, Einar Kotka
- Finland: Land and People - Land and People Finland falls into three main geographical zones. In the south and west is a ...
- Finland - Information on Finland — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Encyclopedia: Scandinavian Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Scandinavian Political Geography.
- Greco-Roman Wrestling - Greco-Roman Wrestling Class Flyweight (-114 1/2 lb) Boris Gurevich, URS Ignazio Fabra, ITA Leo ...