Kidderminster, city (1991 pop. 50,385), Worcestershire, W central England. The city had a prosperous cloth trade from the 14th to 18th cent. Kidderminster carpets have been produced since 1735. Associated industries include spinning, dyeing, and metal forging.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Kidderminster from Infoplease:
- Kidderminster: meaning and definitions - Kidderminster: Definition and Pronunciation
- carpet: European Carpets - European Carpets In 1608, King Henry IV of France established weavers in the Louvre. About 20 years ...
- Richard Baxter - Baxter, Richard Baxter, Richard, 1615–91, English nonconformist clergyman. Ordained in 1638, ...
- Encyclopedia: British and Irish Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning British and Irish Political Geography.
- Dictionary of Phrase and Fable: K - Definitions, origins, and illustrative excerpts for words, phases, and literary allusions starting with "K"