Khulna (kŏlˈnə) [key], town (1991 est. pop. 1,001,825), SW Bangladesh, in the Ganges delta. It is a river port and the trade and processing center for the products of the Sundarbans, a swampy, forested coastal region. Agricultural products are processed, especially rice, oilseed, and cotton. There are industries in wood processing and shipbuilding. Khulna has several colleges affiliated with Rajshahi Univ.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Khulna from Infoplease:
- Khulna: meaning and definitions - Khulna: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/khulna - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index kehillah kei-apple Keifer keir keiretsu keister Keita Keitel Keitele Keith keitloa ...
- Encyclopedia: Bangladesh Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Bangladesh Political Geography.
- Bangladesh - Information on Bangladesh — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.