Kebnekaise (kĕbˈnəkĪˌsə) [key] [Sami, = kettle top], mountain peak, 6,965 ft (2,123 m) high, Norrbotten prov., N Sweden; highest in Sweden. There are 16 small glaciers on the slopes.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Kebnekaise from Infoplease:
- Kjölen: meaning and definitions - Kjölen: Definition and Pronunciation
- Sweden: Land and People - Land and People Sweden falls into two main geographical regions: the north (Norrland), comprising ...
- Encyclopedia: Scandinavian Physical Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Scandinavian Physical Geography.
- Lapland - Lapland Lapland , Finn. Lappi, Nor. Lapland, Swed. Lappland, vast region of N Europe, largely ...
- Sweden - Learn about the history, geography and culture of Sweden and find statistical and demographic information.|Information on Sweden — map of Sweden, geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, and the national flag.