Kawasaki (käwäˈsäkē) [key], city (1990 pop. 1,173,603), Kanagawa prefecture, central Honshu, Japan, on Tokyo Bay. Located in the Tokyo-Yokohama industrial area, it has steel mills, shipyards, oil refineries, engineering works, and factories that produce motor vehicles, computer equipment, electrical machinery and parts, petrochemicals, and cement. Heigenji Temple, dedicated to Kukai, is in Kawasaki.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Kawasaki from Infoplease:
- Kawasaki: meaning and definitions - Kawasaki: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/kawasaki - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Kanagawa - Kanagawa Kanagawa , prefecture (1990 pop. 7,980,421), E central Honshu, Japan. Yokohama is the ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index K, k K2 kA Kaapstad kab Ka`ba kabab kabaka kabala Kabalevsky kabalistic Kabardian ...
- Jett Travolta - Biography of Jett Travolta, Jett Travolta, the 16-year-old son of actors John Travolta and Kelly Preston, died while vacationing in the Bahamas. He suffered a seizure i…