Karafuto: see Sakhalin, Russia.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Karafuto from Infoplease:
- Sakhalin - Sakhalin Sakhalin , formerly Saghalien, island (c.29,500 sq mi/76,400 sq km), off the coast of ...
- Karafuto: meaning and definitions - Karafuto: Definition and Pronunciation
- Japan - Information on Japan - map of Japan, geography, history, politics, government, rulers, dynasties, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, and the national flag.|Information on Japan — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities, as well as a map and the national flag.
- Sakhalin: meaning and definitions - Sakhalin: Definition and Pronunciation
- Large Islands of the World - Find lists of the world's largest islands including the name, location, political affiliation, and land area from Infoplease.com