Kanin (käˈnyĭn) [key], peninsula, N European Russia, projecting into the Barents Sea between the White Sea (in the west) and Chesha (Cheshskaya) Bay (in the east). Its northernmost cape is called Kanin Nos. The native Nenets (Samoyed) people engage in fishing, hunting, and reindeer raising.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Kanin from Infoplease:
- Kanin: meaning and definitions - Kanin: Definition and Pronunciation
- Garson Kanin - Garson Kanin Age: 86 gifted playwright and director who applied his talents to both the stage and ...
- Garson Kanin - Kanin, Garson Kanin, Garson , 1912–99, American director and writer, b. Rochester, N.Y.; ...
- alkannin: meaning and definitions - alkannin: Definition and Pronunciation
- Timan - Timan Timan , mountain ridge, c.350 mi (560 km) long, Komi Republic, NE European Russia. The low ...