Kagawa (kägäˈwä) [key], prefecture (1990 pop. 1,023,434), N Shikoku, Japan. Takamatsu is the capital. It is an agricultural region (rice, barley, wheat, mandarin oranges) with a mountainous and forested interior. The coast has fishing ports and salt-producing centers. Lacquer, work gloves, and fans are also produced in the prefecture.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Kagawa from Infoplease:
- Kagawa: meaning and definitions - Kagawa: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/kagawa - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Marugame - Marugame Marugame , city (1990 pop. 75,606), Kagawa prefecture, N Shikoku, Japan, on the Inland ...
- Kanonji - Kanonji Kanonji , city (1990 pop. 45,500), Kagawa prefecture, E Shikoku, Japan, on the Hiuchi Sea. ...
- Takamatsu - Takamatsu Takamatsu , city (1990 pop. 329,684), capital of Kagawa prefecture, NE Shikoku, Japan, a ...