Ito, city (1990 pop. 71,223), Shizuoka prefecture, central Honshu, Japan, on the Izu Peninsula and the Sagami Sea. It is an important fishing port and hot spring resort.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Ito from Infoplease:
- Ito: meaning and definitions - Ito: Definition and Pronunciation
- Hirobumi Ito - Ito, Hirobumi Ito, Hirobumi , 1841–1909, Japanese statesman, the outstanding figure in the ...
- Michio Ito - Michio Ito dancer, choreographer Born: 4/13/1892 Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan Ito studied traditional ...
- Midori Ito - Biography of Midori Ito, Ito started skating at age 5 and won her first of eight consecutive All-Japan Championships in 1985. She placed fifth at the 1988 Winter Oly…
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/ito - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus