Ispahan: see Esfahan, Iran.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Ispahan from Infoplease:
- Esfahan - Esfahan Esfahan or Isfahan, anc. Aspadana, city (1991 pop. 1,127,030), capital of Esfahan prov., ...
- Ispahan: meaning and definitions - Ispahan: Definition and Pronunciation
- Isfahan: meaning and definitions - Isfahan: Definition and Pronunciation
- Pierre Loti - Loti, Pierre Loti, Pierre , pseud. of Julien Viaud, 1850–1923, French novelist, an officer in ...
- Ralph Waldo Emerson: I - There are beggars in Iran and Araby, SAID was hungrier than all; Hafiz said he was a fly That came to every festival. He came a pilgrim to the Mosque