Isfahan, Iran: see Esfahan.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Isfahan from Infoplease:
- Esfahan - Esfahan Esfahan or Isfahan, anc. Aspadana, city (1991 pop. 1,127,030), capital of Esfahan prov., ...
- Isfahan: meaning and definitions - Isfahan: Definition and Pronunciation
- Ispahan: meaning and definitions - Ispahan: Definition and Pronunciation
- Saffarid - Saffarid Saffarid , a dynasty of Sistan that flourished in the 9th cent., ruling (867–1495) ...
- minaret - minaret minaret , tower, used in Islamic architecture, from which the faithful are called to prayer ...