Irapuato (ēräpwäˈtō) [key], city (1990 pop. 265,042), Guanajuato state, W central Mexico, on the Irapuato River. It is the commercial and communications center of the surrounding mining and agricultural (cereals and cattle) region. The fruits and flowers of Irapuato's luxurious gardens are famous throughout Mexico.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Irapuato from Infoplease:
- Irapuato: meaning and definitions - Irapuato: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/irapuato - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index Inuit Inuktitut inulase inulin inunction inundant inundate Inupiaq Inupik inurbane ...
- Guanajuato, state, Mexico - Guanajuato Guanajuato , state (1990 pop. 3,982,593), 11,805 sq mi (30,575 sq km), W central Mexico, ...
- Encyclopedia: Mexican Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Mexican Political Geography.