Indre-et-Loire (ăNdrālwärˈ) [key], department (1990 pop. 532,100), N central France. It occupies most of Touraine, and Tours is its capital.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Indre-et-Loire from Infoplease:
- Indre-et-Loire: meaning and definitions - Indre-et-Loire: Definition and Pronunciation
- Tours: meaning and definitions - Tours: Definition and Pronunciation
- Chenonceaux - Chenonceaux Chenonceaux , village, Indre-et-Loire dept., W central France, in Touraine, on the Cher ...
- Loches - Loches Loches , town (1990 pop. 7,133), Indre-et-Loire dept., W central France, in Touraine, on the ...
- Azay-le-Rideau - Azay-le-Rideau Azay-le-Rideau , village (1993 est. pop. 3,116), Indre-et-Loire dept., N central ...