Ikeda, city (1990 pop. 104,218), Osaka prefecture, S Honshu, Japan, on the Ina River. It is an industrial and residential suburb of Osaka with industries that include engine manufacture, brewing, and woodworking.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Ikeda from Infoplease:
- Ikeda: meaning and definitions - Ikeda: Definition and Pronunciation
- Hayato Ikeda - Ikeda, Hayato Ikeda, Hayato , 1899–1965, Japanese political leader, prime minister ...
- Nobusuke Kishi - Kishi, Nobusuke Kishi, Nobusuke , 1896–1987, Japanese statesman; older brother of Eisaku ...
- Operation Condor - Starring Jackie Chan, Do Do Chang, Eva Cobo, Shogo Ikeda, Aldo Sanchez
- Soka Gakkai - Soka Gakkai Soka Gakkai [Jap.,=Value Creation Society], Japan-based independent lay Buddhist ...