Hyde, town (1991 pop. 33,657), Tameside metropolitan district, NW England, in the Greater Manchester metropolitan area. It has iron foundries and factories that produce cotton, machinery, rubber, paper, and hats.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Hyde from Infoplease:
- Hyde: meaning and definitions - Hyde: Definition and Pronunciation
- Douglas Hyde - Hyde, Douglas Hyde, Douglas, 1860–1949, Irish scholar and political leader. He was largely ...
- Clarendon: meaning and definitions - Clarendon: Definition and Pronunciation
- J. Franklin Hyde - J. Franklin Hyde Born: 1903 Method for making a transparent article of silica—Hyde was with ...
- Cornbury, Edward Hyde, Viscount - Cornbury, Edward Hyde, Viscount Cornbury, Edward Hyde, Viscount , 1661–1723, colonial ...