Heredia, city (1995 est. pop. 29,200), capital of Heredia prov., central Costa Rica. On the central plateau, it is a center of the coffee and cattle industries and, with its colonial architecture, a tourist attraction. Heredia was founded in the 1570s and is the seat of the National Univ.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Heredia from Infoplease:
- Heredia: meaning and definitions - Heredia: Definition and Pronunciation
- José María Heredia - Heredia, José María Heredia, José María , 1803–39, Cuban ...
- José María de Heredia - Heredia, José María de Heredia, José María de, 1842–1905, French ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/heredia - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Henri de Régnier - Régnier, Henri de Régnier, Henri de , 1864–1936, French poet, one of the young ...