Haute-Garonne (ōt-gärônˈ) [key], department (1990 pop. 938,500), S France, in Languedoc, bordering Spain. Toulouse is the capital.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Haute-Garonne from Infoplease:
- Haute-Garonne: meaning and definitions - Haute-Garonne: Definition and Pronunciation
- Toulouse: meaning and definitions - Toulouse: Definition and Pronunciation
- Bagnères-de-Luchon - Bagnères-de-Luchon Bagnères-de-Luchon , town, Haute-Garonne dept., S France, at the ...
- Aurignac - Aurignac Aurignac , village (1993 est. pop. 965), Haute-Garonne dept., S France, at the foot of the ...
- Muret - Muret Muret , town (1990 pop. 18,604), Haute-Garonne dept., S France. It is an agricultural market ...