Haut-Rhin (ō-răN) [key], department (1990 pop. 673,900), E France, in lower Alsace. Its capital is Colmar.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Haut-Rhin from Infoplease:
- Haut-Rhin: meaning and definitions - Haut-Rhin: Definition and Pronunciation
- Colmar: meaning and definitions - Colmar: Definition and Pronunciation
- Mulhouse - Mulhouse Mulhouse , Ger. Mülhausen, city (1990 pop. 109,905), Haut-Rhin dept., E France, in ...
- Colmar - Colmar Colmar, Ger. Kolmar, city (1990 pop. 64,889), capital of Haut-Rhin dept., E France, in ...
- Alsace - Alsace Alsace , Ger. Elsass, region and former province, E France. It is separated from Germany by ...