Haugesund (houˈgəsŏn) [key], city (1995 pop. 29,073), Rogaland co., S Norway, a port on the North Sea. It has large fisheries and industries producing processed fish and aluminum. It also has a 928-ft (283-m) drydock, which, at its completion in 1979, was the largest in Scandinavia. Nearby are numerous Viking monuments, including the grave of Harold I (9th cent.).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Haugesund from Infoplease:
- Rogaland - Rogaland Rogaland , county (1995 pop. 354,418), c.3,540 sq mi (9,170 sq km), SW Norway, bordering ...
- Tsatsiki, Morsan Och Polisen - Starring Samuel Haus, Alexandra Rapaport, Jacob Ericksson, Jonas Karlsson, George Nakas
- Bye Bye Bluebird - Starring Johan Dalsgaard
- Amazing Women by the Sea (Underbara kvinnor vid vatten) - Starring Marika Krook, Asa Karlin, Nicke Lignell, Onni Thulesius, Mikael Rejström
- Encyclopedia: Scandinavian Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Scandinavian Political Geography.