Hanyang (hän-yäng) [key], former city, now part (since 1950) of the Wuhan conurbation, E Hubei prov., China, on the right bank of the Han River at its junction with the Chang. It is a heavy industrial center. Hanyang was founded during the Sui dynasty (A.D. 581–618). It is linked by bridge with Hankou.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Hanyang from Infoplease:
- Hanyang: meaning and definitions - Hanyang: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/hanyang - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Wuhan: meaning and definitions - Wuhan: Definition and Pronunciation
- Wuhan - Wuhan Wuhan , city (1994 est. pop. 3,519,600), capital of Hubei prov., central China, at the ...
- Hankou - Hankou Hankou or Hankow, former city, since 1950 part of the Wuhan conurbation, E Hubei prov., ...