Hamath or Hamath-zobah: see Hama, Syria.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Hamath from Infoplease:
- Hama - Hama Hama or Hamah, city (1995 est. pop. 280,000), capital of Hama governorate, W central Syria, on ...
- Hama: meaning and definitions - Hama: Definition and Pronunciation
- Toi - Toi Toi , in the Bible, king of Hamath, father of Joram 3.
- Ashima - Ashima Ashima , in the Bible, god whose cult flourished in Hamath.
- Arpad, in the Bible - Arpad Arpad , in the Bible, unidentified city, probably in W central Syria. Hamath is always named ...