Great Dividing Range
Great Dividing Range, crest line of the Eastern Highlands of Australia. For the most part it separates rivers draining into the Pacific Ocean from those flowing into the Indian Ocean and the Arafura Sea.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Great Dividing Range from Infoplease:
- Great Dividing Range: meaning and definitions - Great Dividing Range: Definition and Pronunciation
- Dividing Range - Dividing Range: Dividing Range: see Great Dividing Range.
- Blue Mountains, Australia - Blue Mountains Blue Mountains, region of New South Wales, SE Australia. Located W of Sydney, this ...
- Darling Downs - Darling Downs Darling Downs, tableland, 27,610 sq mi (71,510 sq km), SE Queensland, Australia, W of ...
- Yarra - Yarra Yarra, river, 115 mi (185 km) long, rising in the Great Dividing Range, S Victoria, ...