Georgia, Strait of
Georgia, Strait of, channel, c.150 mi (240 km) long, between the mainland of British Columbia and Vancouver Island, Canada, between Puget Sound and Queen Charlotte Sound. It forms part of the inland steamship passage to Alaska.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Strait of Georgia from Infoplease:
- Port Moody: meaning and definitions - Port Moody: Definition and Pronunciation
- Vancouver: meaning and definitions - Vancouver: Definition and Pronunciation
- North Vancouver - North Vancouver North Vancouver, city (1991 pop. 38,436), SW British Columbia, Canada, on Burrard ...
- Point Roberts - Point Roberts Point Roberts, uninc. town (1990 pop. 750), Whatcom co., NW Wash., on the Strait of ...
- Juan de Fuca Strait - Juan de Fuca Strait Juan de Fuca Strait , inlet of the Pacific Ocean, 100 mi (161 km) long and 11 ...