Flodden, field, Northumberland, N England, just across the border from Coldstream, Scotland. It was the scene of the battle of Flodden Field (1513), in which the English under Thomas Howard, 2d duke of Norfolk, defeated the Scots under James IV, who was killed.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Flodden from Infoplease:
- Flodden: meaning and definitions - Flodden: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/flodden - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Douglas, Archibald, 5th earl of Angus - Douglas, Archibald, 5th earl of Angus Douglas, Archibald, 5th earl of Angus, 1449–1514, ...
- James IV, king of Scotland - James IV James IV, 1473–1513, king of Scotland (1488–1513), son and successor of James ...
- Norfolk, Thomas Howard, 2d duke of - Norfolk, Thomas Howard, 2d duke of Norfolk, Thomas Howard, 2d duke of, 1443–1524, English ...