Finsteraarhorn (fĭnˌstərärˈhôrnˌ) [key], peak, 14,032 ft (4,277 m) high, S central Switzerland; highest of the Bernese Alps.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Finsteraarhorn from Infoplease:
- Finsteraarhorn: meaning and definitions - Finsteraarhorn: Definition and Pronunciation
- Wetterhorn - Wetterhorn Wetterhorn , peak, c.12,150 ft (3,700 m) high, Bern canton, S central Switzerland, in ...
- Alps: Alpine Regions - Alpine Regions The Alps are divided by rivers and other topographic features into more than 40 ...
- Bern - Bern Bern or Berne, canton (1990 pop. 937,365), 2,658 sq mi (6,883 sq km), W central Switzerland. ...
- Encyclopedia: Central European Physical Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Central European Physical Geography.