Falster (fälˈstər) [key], island (1992 pop. 42,940), 198 sq mi (513 sq km), Storstrøm co., SE Denmark, in the Baltic Sea. Nykøbing is the chief city. The island's southern tip, Gedser Odde, is the southernmost point in Denmark. Falster has much fertile soil; sugar beets, fruit, and grain are the main crops. The island's east coast is a summer resort area.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Falster from Infoplease:
- Falster: meaning and definitions - Falster: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/falster - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Nykøbing - Nykøbing Nykøbing , city (1992 com. pop. 25,350), capital of Storstrøm co., SE ...
- Møn - Møn Møn or Möen, island (1992 pop. 11,187), 84 sq mi (218 sq km), SE Denmark, in ...
- Lolland - Lolland Lolland or Laaland, island (1992 pop. 72,536), 479 sq mi (1,241 sq km), SE Denmark, in the ...