Eure-et-Loir (ör-ā-lwär) [key], department (1990 pop. 399,700), N France. Chartres is the capital.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Eure-et-Loir from Infoplease:
- Eure-et-Loir: meaning and definitions - Eure-et-Loir: Definition and Pronunciation
- Chartres: meaning and definitions - Chartres: Definition and Pronunciation
- Perche - Perche Perche , region and former county, NW France, in portions of Orne, Eure-et-Loir, and Eure ...
- Beauce - Beauce Beauce , region, in Orléanais, N France, in the Paris Basin, between the Seine and ...
- Dreux - Dreux Dreux , town (1990 pop. 35,866), Eure-et-Loir dept., N central France. It is an industrial ...