Escaut, river: see Scheldt.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Escaut from Infoplease:
- Scheldt - Scheldt Scheldt , Du. Schelde, Fr. Escaut, river, c.270 mi (435 km) long, rising in N France and ...
- Escaut: meaning and definitions - Escaut: Definition and Pronunciation
- Scheldt: meaning and definitions - Scheldt: Definition and Pronunciation
- Valenciennes - Valenciennes Valenciennes , city (1990 pop. 39,276), Nord dept., N France, on the Escaut (Scheldt) ...
- Flanders - Flanders Flanders , former county in the Low Countries, extending along the North Sea and W of the ...