Dundas (dŭnˈdəs) [key], town (1991 pop. 21,868), S Ont., Canada. It is a suburb of Hamilton and is at the head of the Desjardins Canal, which formerly gave it water connection with Hamilton and other ports. The canal is no longer in use.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Dundas from Infoplease:
- Melville, Henry Dundas, 1st Viscount - Melville, Henry Dundas, 1st Viscount Melville, Henry Dundas, 1st Viscount, 1742–1811, British ...
- Dundas: meaning and definitions - Dundas: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/dundas - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Starvation Dundas - Starvation Dundas Henry Dundas, first Lord Melville, who was the first to introduce the word ...
- On The Death Of Robert Dundas, Esq., Of Arniston, Late Lord President of the Court of Session. - Poems and Songs of Robert Burnsby Robert Burns Birthday Ode For 31st December, 1787 Sylvander To ...