Dax (däks) [key], town (1990 pop. 20,119), Landes dept., SW France, in Gascony, on the Adour River. It has long been famous for its hot mineral springs. An aviation school is in the town.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Dax from Infoplease:
- Dax: meaning and definitions - Dax: Definition and Pronunciation
- addax: meaning and definitions - addax: Definition and Pronunciation
- tempus edax rerum: meaning and definitions - tempus edax rerum: Definition and Pronunciation
- Adour - Adour Adour , river, 210 mi (338 km) long, rising in the Pyrenees of Gascony, SW France. It flows ...
- Landes, region, France - Landes Landes , region, SW France. It is a vast, flat, nearly triangular tract of sand and ...