Dawson Creek, city (1991 pop. 10,981), E British Columbia, Canada, near the Alta. border, on Dawson Creek and NE of Prince George. An important grain-shipping center, it is the southern terminus of the Alaska Highway.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Dawson Creek from Infoplease:
- Dawson's Creek - Dawson's Creek WB Spring Debut Tuesday 8:00–9:00 p.m. Cast: James Van Der Beek, Katie ...
- Dawson Creek: meaning and definitions - Dawson Creek: Definition and Pronunciation
- Alaska Highway - Alaska Highway Alaska Highway, all-weather road, 1,523 mi (2,451 km) long, extending NW from Dawson ...
- Katie Holmes - Biography of Katie Holmes, The Dawson's Creek actress who married and divorced Tom Cruise
- James Van Der Beek - Biography of James Van Der Beek, Dawson on the old TV show Dawson's Creek