Dali (dälēˈ) [key], city, W central Yunnan, on the shore of Erhai lake. It has long been famous for its Dali marble, which is still being produced.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Dali from Infoplease:
- Dali: meaning and definitions - Dali: Definition and Pronunciation
- Daly: meaning and definitions - Daly: Definition and Pronunciation
- Arnold Daly - Daly, Arnold Daly, Arnold , 1875–1927, American actor, b. Brooklyn, N.Y. He first appeared on ...
- Salvador Dalí - Dalí, Salvador Dalí, Salvador , 1904–89, Spanish painter. At first influenced ...
- Marcus Daly - Daly, Marcus Daly, Marcus, 1841–1900, American copper magnate, b. Ireland. He went to New ...