Daejeon or Taejon (dĪˈjônˈ) [key], city (1995 pop. 1,272,143), capital of South Chungcheong (Chungchong) prov., central South Korea. It is a railroad hub and industrial and agricultural center, producing textiles, chemicals, machinery, and processed foods.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Daejeon from Infoplease:
- Taejon - Taejon Taejon, South Korea: see Daejeon.
- Encyclopedia: Korean Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Korean Political Geography.
- Round of 16 - Round of 16 Single elimination with a 30 minute “golden goal” overtime period. If still ...
- South Korea - World—Country Profiles U.S. Department of State Background Note South Korea Chogye temple, ...
- 2002 Schedule and Results - 2002 Schedule and Results Through Sept. 15, 2002. Games in bold type are FIFA World Cup matches. ...