Cuneo (kōˈnāō) [key], city (1991 pop. 55,794), capital of Cuneo prov., Piedmont, NW Italy, on the Stura River, near the Maritime Alps. It is an agricultural and light industrial center and a transportation junction. Manufactures include processed food, metals, beer, and plastics. Silkworms are raised. A possession of the house of Savoy after 1382, Cuneo endured numerous sieges (especially in 1799, when it fell to Austrian and Russian forces).
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Cuneo from Infoplease:
- Cuneo: meaning and definitions - Cuneo: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/cuneo - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index Cs C.S.A. csardas CSC C-scroll CSEA CSF csk. C.S.O. C-SPAN CST C supply CSW CT CTA ...
- Piedmont, region, Italy - Piedmont Piedmont , Ital. Piemonte, region (1991 pop. 4,302,565), 9,807 sq mi (25,400 sq km), NW ...
- Fiorello Henry LaGuardia - LaGuardia, Fiorello Henry LaGuardia, Fiorello Henry , 1882–1947, U.S. public official, ...