Creuse (kröz) [key], department (1990 pop. 131,349), central France, in the Massif Central. Guéret (the capital) and Aubusson are the chief towns.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Creuse from Infoplease:
- Creuse: meaning and definitions - Creuse: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/creuse - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Aubusson - Aubusson Aubusson , town (1993 est. pop. 5,546), Creuse dept., central France, in the former ...
- Pallas, in classical mythology - Pallas Pallas , in classical mythology. 1. Name given to Athena after she killed either a youthful ...
- Guéret - Guéret Guéret , town (1990 pop. 15,718), capital of Creuse dept., central France. It ...