Cranbrook, city (1991 pop. 16,447), SE British Columbia, Canada. It is a lumbering, tourism, and lead-zinc mining center.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Cranbrook from Infoplease:
- Cranbrook: meaning and definitions - Cranbrook: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/cranbrook - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Carl Milles - Milles, Carl Milles, Carl , 1875–1955, Swedish-American sculptor, whose name originally was ...
- Charles Eames - Eames, Charles Eames, Charles , 1907–78, American designer, b. St. Louis, Mo. He opened his ...
- Eliel Saarinen - Saarinen, Eliel Saarinen, Eliel , 1873–1950, Finnish-American architect and city planner, ...