Corner Brook, city (1991 pop. 22,410), W Newfoundland, N.L., Canada, on the Humber River. It is Newfoundland's second largest city and has a large pulp and paper mill. Other industries include lumbering, salmon fishing, and quarrying. Sir Wilfred Grenfell College is there. Nearby is Gros Morne National Park.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Corner Brook from Infoplease:
- Corner Brook: meaning and definitions - Corner Brook: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/corner brook - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Humber, river, Canada - Humber Humber, river, c.75 mi (120 km) long, rising in the Long Range Mts., W Newfoundland, N.L., ...
- Newfoundland and Labrador, province, Canada: Economy and Higher Education - Economy and Higher Education Labrador's cold climate and lack of transportation facilities have ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index coo cooboo co-occur cooch Cooch Behar cooee cooey coof cook cookbook Cooke cooker ...