Colombes (kôlôNbˈ) [key], city (1990 pop. 79,058), Hauts-de-Seine dept., N central France, on the Seine River. An industrial suburb of Paris, Colombes has fuel refineries, foundries, and tire plants. A 16th-century church and a sports arena are in the city.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Colombes from Infoplease:
- Colombes: meaning and definitions - Colombes: Definition and Pronunciation
- Colomb-Béchar: meaning and definitions - Colomb-Béchar: Definition and Pronunciation
- Colomb-Béchar - Colomb-Béchar: Colomb-Béchar: see Béchar, Algeria.
- Michel Colomb - Colomb or Colombe, Michel Colomb or Colombe, Michel , c.1430–1512, French sculptor, one of ...
- Béchar - Béchar Béchar , formerly Colomb-Béchar, town (1998 pop. 131,010), capital of ...